Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Banquet

A few posts ago, I re-posted an article from a Toronto Psychotherapist talking about the importance of girlfriends. This post goes hand in hand with that one.

So, I belong to this amazing group of woman. When I moved here 5.5 years ago with a 10 month old baby, I felt isolated and lonely. I didn't know the area and I didn't have any friends here. Plus, have a child who wasn't a great sleeper left me constantly tired and irritable. I didn't know what to do or where to go to keep us occupied those LONG (and I mean really LONG) days! I was so fortunate to find the MOMS Club of Coventry PA which is part of the International MOMS Club. I started going to their monthly meetings and soon enough, we had our activity calendar filled to the brim. We were involved in playgroups, went to parks and zoos, had story times and music, went to kiddie gymnastics, and even I went to the occasional Moms Night Out. Before long, I had become friends with these women. They are diverse, and caring, and some of the most generous people I have ever met. They lend a helping hand with meals or babysitting when you are in need of support. I have learned so much from them and I hope that they have learned from me.

I have taken on leadership roles within the Club as Vice President and Treasurer. I have participated in the nominating committee to help the Club elect officers and have also helped with planning the yearly banquet. I do all of this not because I needed more on my plate. I do it because I need the support and so do my children. I hope that my kids, as well as myself, have gained some life long friendships.

With all that being said, I wanted to encourage all those new moms (and also the experienced ones) out there to look into this group. They are all over the country and world. They really are a special group of Moms Offering Moms Support.

My Club is gearing up for their annual banquet at a local golf club. It is usually a fantastic night for moms to get out and have a nice dinner and conversation with their friends without the kids interrupting. There are door prize giveaways and I was asked to donate a few items of jewelry so this is what I came up with:

A hand painted and stamped wire wrapped domino pin:


A pewter hummingbird bookmark:


A Fluorite memory wire bracelet:


A pair of sterling silver ear wires with stoneware beads:


I hope that if you are in need of some motherly support, you would check out this group.

1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

As proof that I love, love your blog, grab the blogger buddy and zombie chicken awards from my blog!

Followers