Sunday, August 24, 2008

The summer days are winding down


Well, it's almost back to school time in our neck of the woods. My oldest son is starting kindergarten and it can't come soon enough for me. It's been a real challenge trying to get work done on my shop and deal with his every whim. It's also bittersweet...no more just picking up and leaving during the week....it's a loss of freedom from just doing what we want each and every day. Now, I'll (we'll) be confined by car pools and bus schedules. Just yesterday, he was a little baby...where did the 5 years go??? At any rate, the few hours he's at school will give me some time to get my act together....if and only if my youngest son cooperates and takes a good afternoon nap.
I'm working on some autumn jewelry. My Pumpkin Spice necklace is already in my shop, as is my Colors of Fall necklace.
I'm looking forward to the cool Fall weather and having some people over for cookouts and bonfires and roasting marshmallows by the fire and hayrides...

No comments:

Followers